If you are interested in learning more about Aggie ACHIEVE and whether it would be right for you and your family, please attend an open house event. Open houses are a great way to visit with Aggie ACHIEVE and learn more about the admission requirements. In addition, this will also give you an opportunity to meet current students and staff.
Due to COVID-19, we are unable to host on campus open houses at this time. However, we have two virtual open houses scheduled that you can sign up to attend. Please use the links below to sign up for one of the open houses.
September 25th from 9am to 11am
October 23rd from 2pm to 4pm
If you are unable to attend, you can watch the recordings on our YouTube at any time!
Open House Schedule at a Glance
Open houses are held from 9—11:15 a.m. with an optional walking tour of campus afterward. Below is a sample of the open house schedule:
9 – 10 a.m.: Overview of Program
10 – 10:15 a.m.: Aggie ACHIEVEMates
10:15 – 10:30 a.m.: Fundraising and Tuition Coverage
10:30 – 10:45 a.m.: Student Panel Q&A
10:45 – 11:15 a.m.: Questions
11:15 a.m. – Noon: Break
Noon – 1:45 p.m.: Optional tour of A&M at noon in the Visitor Center of Rudder Tower
Please note that you can also watch our open house webinar instead of attending an on-campus open house. Our webinar contains the same information as our on-campus open house.
Prospective students for Aggie ACHIEVE must meet the following criteria:
- Completed high school and no longer receiving support from the school.
- Documented disability diagnosis of intellectual disability; determined eligible for IDEA services and received special education services in high school with an IEP.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate (not limited to verbal speech) reliably with staff, faculty, and mentors.
- Demonstrate ability to live independently and take care of daily functioning and basic support needs (e.g., toileting, hygiene, feeding, etc.)
- Demonstrate at least 3rd grade reading level in comprehension and fluency.
- Demonstrate ability to function independently for a sustained period of time (e.g., able to sit through 90-minute courses and function independently for 1-hour blocks of time, including navigating campus independently)
- Demonstrate basic mathematics understanding and ability to use a calculator.
- Express desire and motivation to complete a postsecondary education program.
- Express desire to attain a job in an inclusive employment setting upon completing the program.
- Demonstrate active participation throughout the application and interview process.
- Demonstrate sufficient emotional and independent stability to participate in all aspects of the Aggie ACHIEVE coursework and campus environment.
- Be able to handle and adapt to change; not overly stressed when schedules or people change.
- Have proof of health insurance (Medicaid, Medicare, private).
- Serve as their own full legal guardian.
- Must be able to independently self-administer and manage medication and specialized dietary needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to navigate campus safely (e.g., crossing streets and parking lots independently).
- Between the age of 18 and 27 at the time of entry into the program.
Application & Admissions Deadlines
For entry into Fall 2021, applicants must complete our application. Applications will be electronic and will be posted on October 1, 2020. To complete an application for Fall 2021, please use the linked button below.
**We strongly encourage you to view a copy of the application before starting it. You can view a PDF copy of the application here.
We follow the Texas A&M University deadlines for applications. Deadline for admissions for Fall 2021 is December 1, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. (CST). We will not accept applications after this time.
There is a $30 application fee that is nonrefundable. Application fees can be paid through the linked button below. An email confirmation will be sent to you once payment is received.
We also require at least two references. Please copy and paste the link below and send it to at least two people who have known the applicant for one year or longer. References by family members will not be accepted. References should represent at least two of the following areas: education, vocational/employment, community involvement, and personal. If possible, please have at least one prior teacher or educator. The references form can be found through the linked button below.
Before starting the application, please review the FAQ section for additional information, including the eligibility requirements and financial fees.
Once applications are received, an admission’s committee will review all of the applications and contact students for a formal interview. The admission committee consists of several different professionals from the Texas A&M community, including staff, faculty, and graduate students. During review, all applications are viewed anonymously and all identifiable information about the student and their family is removed. The admissions committee will use a rubric to determine the applicants that should be invited for a formal interview. Formal interviews will be held in early spring. Students and their parent/guardian must attend a formal interview to be considered for admission.
Each applicant who completes an application will be notified of their status once decisions are made at each phase of the application process.
Cost & Fees
Designated Academic Fee
University Advancement Fee
Health Center Fee
Rec Sports Fee
Student Center Fee
Aggie ACHIEVE Support Fee
Fees listed above are semester estimates. Please refer to Student Business Services for an explanation of each of the fees above.
- Designated Academic Fee: This $891 cost is based on enrolled semester credit hours, classification, residency, tuition rate code selection, and college.
- University Advancement Fee: This $515 fee is a required charge to all Texas A&M University students each semester. The Advancement fee funds services such as advising, the Career Center, Writing Center, technology and libraries as well as administrative services such as ID services, the campus bus system, billing and refunds, access for students to discounted software and many of the services provided through the Division of Student Affairs.
- Health Center Fee: This $75.00 per semester fee ($25.00 per summer five week term) is required of all students for the purpose of operating, maintaining, and equipping the University Health Center and entitles the student to its services. These services do not include surgical operations or charges for consultations with outside physicians requested by parents.
- Rec Sports Fee: A $106 per semester fee ($53 per summer five week term) required of all students for the purpose of operating, maintaining, improving and equipping the Student Recreation Center.
- Student Center Fee: A $100.00 per semester fee ($50.00 per summer five week term) required of all students for operating, maintaining, improving, and equipping the Student Center Complex.
- Aggie ACHIEVE Support Fee: The $8,563 fee is for the day-to-day operations of ACHIEVE. This is used to pay for staff and resources needed to make ACHIEVE run successfully.
At this time, we cannot offer financial aid but we are applying for a federal designation that will allow us to offer need-based aid beginning in the 2020-2021 academic year.